Thank you for joining me on ReadPsalm119.com’s Psalm119 Memorization Challenge!
It is a joy to memorize Psalm 119 together! Opportunities abound!
- After the family meal
- Evening Bible study or prayer time
- Sunday Schools
- Home Bible study fellowships
- Backyard Bible Clubs
- ESL study
- Friend Challenges (weekly or monthly breakfasts, lunches, walks)
- Really, anyone of any age and in any setting can use any or all of these sources.
NOTE: All memorization resources use the New International Version (NIV) translation of the Bible. I selected this version for its versatility with different reading abilities, its modern language, and its generally reliable translation. If you would prefer a different translation, I will be happy to create and post materials in that version for you. Just submit a request in the comment box below.
PSALM 119 – OCTRAINS
For each octrain, the following helps will be uploaded:
- the 8-verse scripture passage with keywords in bold print + the same poster in fill-in-the-blank (FITB) format (2 pages)
- a reverse-memorization poster + FITB (1 page)
- an audio version of the entire octrain
More helps, such as the following, will be added to these basic two aids, so check back:
- lesson plans
- printable keyword flashcards
- printable octrain divider flashcards
- printable visual cue flashcards, etc.
OTHER SCRIPTURE MEMORY
Psalm Summary of Contents
Included here is a compact summary or Table of Contents of the Psalms (not just 119). It is a little project that I did to help me remember key passages correlated to the correct chapter. I made it to fit inside the blank pages at the end of a little book of Psalms I purchased. It fits into some sizes of Moleskines, the back of your Bible, or a any journal by trimming, taping and pasting into the pages. Download for free here.
Note that the Psalms are divided into “books”.
PHOTO: The Psalms Summarized Table of Contents, trimmed and pasted into the back blank pages of The Psalms, ESV® Text Edition, ©2011 by Crossway.
Psalm 27 – Frameable